Monday, March 27, 2006

UNofficially Winslow Receives Email

----- Original Message -----
From:UNofficially Winslow receives e-mail
To: UNofficiallywinslow@comcast.net
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 7:43 AM
Subject: Re: Board Meeting tonight


I am writing you to in hopes that others will read this and step up. I am a parent of a 5th grader who will start the middle school next year. We all know that there are concerns with both the middle school and high school but inspite of it all I am going to give the middle school a try. But....I heard that the school board is looking into ways to cut spending. Unfortunately, once again they are doing it at the expense of our children. The idea is to change the middle school time to be later. I agree that it should be but why not switch the times of the middle school and high school and see how that works. Instead their brain storm is to put both the middle and high school on the same schedule. This means that my 6th grader who not only has to ajust to middle school life, now will have to ride the bus with 12th graders!!!! Absolutely not! I am still upset that 6th graders are not still considered elementary! They are still babies! They are forced to grow up sooo quickly! This is only going to add to that. Please anyone who reads this and agrees with me please go to the board meeting tonight. It is at the middle school at 7:00pm. If you can't attend please call Dr. Schriner. We as parents need to voice our fears. These are our most precious gems, our children! Please help me stop this nonsense. Do you want your 11 year old child, grandchild, niece, nephew, or friend riding on a bus with 17 and 18 year olds? I know I don't. If this isn't stopped we are going to lose even more students. Winslow is a great town we need to stop this before it's too late. Please help.


C.J. from Cedarbrook

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home