Saturday, August 12, 2006

UNofficially Winslow Receives E-mail

From: UNofficially Winslow Receives E-mail
To: UNofficiallywinslow@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 11:06 AM
Subject: Property Tax Proposal


To the overburdened TAXPAYERS of Winslow Township. I proposed for consideration a new improved TAXING CONCEPT which should greatly help the HOMEOWNER and LANDOWNERS in this Township. I sent the concept to Corzine, Mayor, 3 Members of Town Council, District Senators, Senator Sweeney.

Its called PAY WHILE YOU STAY TAX: Everyone renting a home, apartment, condo, or other living space as their residence, should have to pay a tax. Its totally irresponsible for these people to expect TOTAL TOWNSHIP SERVICES, and SCHOOL for their children at the sole expence of the Homeowners and land owners. Its even more unfair for these people to have a voice in LOCAL POLITICS and the SCHOOL SYSTEM when in fact the don't contribute to the system. Its time to level the playing field. If this proposal offends any of the local residents, it wasn't my intention to do so. I only want what I percieve to be a more equitable solution for all. I always had the habit to call things the way I see them. I am not a subscriber to the Political Correct theme. Signed Lifelong Resident.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You really need to have your head examined. First, there would likely be some sort of equal protection problem there. So, most importantly, there would be a serious constitutional implication to the issue. Second, there is the issue of implimentation. Who really is a renter? What about my g-friend, who lives at home w/ her dad and her son and pays rent. Is she a renter? Finally, the rent that I pay on my property goes towards the massive taxes that my landlord pays every year to the township.

What is so unfair about my kids using public education, when I am a renter?

Finally, with your same logic, you could argue that if my kids go to private school, then I should have a reduction in my taxes. After all, isn't that more equitable? My kids don't use the service, therefore no need to charge me. At the same time, what about my parents. They put me through school and don't have any more school age kids. Shouldn't they be somehow relieved of the same burden.

William Penn once said that if you think twice before you speak, you would be twice the wiser. I think that if you thought at all, you would be better off.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home